Mary Anne Ryan
Derwent & Tamar Chambers
128 Macquarie Street
Hobart, Tasmania 7000
GPO Box 327
Hobart, Tasmania 7001
DX 214, Hobart
Telephone: 03 6220 6000
Facsimile: 03 6220 6001
Mobile: 0401 454 020
Admitted to Practice: 9 August 2001
Signed Bar Roll: 11 May 2015
University of Tasmania
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (2002)
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (2001)
Mary Anne came to law with 20 years' experience as a registered nurse.
On admission Mary Anne worked as an employed solicitors with Avery Partners Lawyers.
In 2005 Mary Anne practiced as principal of her own firm, Mary Anne Ryan, before amalgamating with PWB Lawyers in 2010.
Mary Anne has practiced as a solicitor advocate since admission undertaking most of her own trial and appellate work.
In 2015 Mary Anne joined the Tasmanian Independent Bar to exclusively work as a barrister.
Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- Relationships Law
- Child Protection
- Independent Children’s Lawyer Work
- Guardianship Law
- Civil and Criminal Law
- Coronial and Inquest Work
- Anti-discrimination Law
- 2002 – Present: Member Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- 2014 – Present: Chair of Hobart Women’s Shelter Board
- 2009 – Present: Board Member of Hobart Women’s Shelter
- 2013 – Present: Member Litigation Committee of the Law Society of Tasmania
- 2010 – 2011: Member Equal Opportunity Committee of the Law Council of Australia
- 2010 – 2011: President of Australian Women Lawyers
- 2006 – 2011: Board Member of Australian Women Lawyers
- 2006 – 2011: President of Tasmanian Women Lawyers
- 2003 – 2013: Committee Member of Tasmanian Women Lawyers
- 2004 – 2013: Committee Member of Family Law Practitioners Association of Tasmania