Fabian Brooke Dixon SC
9 Castray Esplanade
Hobart, Tasmania 7000
Telephone: 03 9225 6995
Mobile: 0418 213 233
Room 1012, Owen Dixon East,
205 William Street,
Melbourne , Victoria 3000
Admitted to Practice: 3 February 1975
Signed Bar Roll: 14 December 2007
Appointed Silk: 2 April 2003
Fabian Dixon SC was admitted to practice in 1975 as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Tasmania. He was a partner in the firm of Murdoch Clarke for over 30 years including a period as Managing Partner, taking Silk in 2003.Fabian practices predominantly in the area Family Law and is experienced in the conduct of Criminal matters and Courts Martial. His practice whilst a partner at Murdoch Clarke was primarily as counsel in matters before the Family Court of Australia and Supreme Court including Full Court Appeals in both jurisdictions. In 2003 he was appointed Senior Counsel, the first in Tasmania specialising in Family Law. Fabian maintains Chambers in Hobart as well as in Melbourne. See below for details of his Hobart Chambers.
Fabian has held numerous senior professional positions including:
- President Law Council of Australia
- Councillor and President Law Society of Tasmania
- President Family Law Practitioners’ Association Tasmania
- Member Disciplinary Tribunal Law Society of Tasmania
- Board Member and Deputy Chairman Australian Advocacy Institute
- Course Co-Ordinator and Lecturer Centre for Legal Studies Tasmania.
He has also received numerouse Government/Attorney Generals' appointments including:
- Attorney General’s Appointment to Family Law Council
- Member of Delegation to first Australian Legal Services Mission to China
- Appointment as Member of National Alternative Dispute Resolution Advisory Council for the Commonwealth of Australia
- Appointed a Defence Force Magistrate and a Judge Advocate in 2009.
View Fabian Dixon SC's profile.
Areas of Practice:
Family Law and Guardianship
- Care and Protection
- Parenting Orders