David H. Denton QC
235 Queen Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Telephone: 03 9640 3246
Admitted to Practice: 1982
Signed Bar Roll: 1987
Appointed Silk: 2001
Also Admitted in: NSW, QLD, SA
David H Denton QC practises in the commercial and appellate divisions of the Federal Court, the State Supreme Courts; the Planning & Environment Court of Queensland and in VCAT. He also practises and appears in the superior courts in Fiji.
He has a keen interest in commercial arbitration and in all aspects of company law, especially insolvency and shareholder disputes; planning and environmental torts.
He is a Certified Arbitrator and an experienced nationally accredited Mediator and holds or has held the following positions:
• President, Commercial Bar Association;
• Adjunct Professor, Victoria Law School, Victoria University, Melbourne;
• President, Australian Institute for Commercial Arbitration Inc.;
• Chairman, ‘Law Hawks’, In-House Legal Coterie, Hawthorn Football Club.
Areas of Practice:
• Commercial Arbitration & Mediation
• Commercial Law
• Corporations and Securities Law
• Planning - Environmental Torts
• Property Law
• Technology, Engineering & Construction Disputes