Andrew G. Cameron
Level 30 Room 16
200 Queen Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Clerk: List G Barrister
Telephone: (03) 9225 6786
Facsimile: (03) 9225 8668
Admitted to Practice: 31 March 2003
Signed Bar Roll: 24 May 2007
Also Admitted in: High Court of Australia
Andrew Cameron practises in commercial and public law matters.
Andrew holds a Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Master of Laws from the University of Melbourne. He completed his articles and practised as a lawyer at Minter Ellison. He is also a former partner of Gadens.
Andrew has been ranked in Doyle�s Guide to Leading Commercial Litigation & Disputes Barristers, Melbourne 2015 and 2016.
He read with Wendy Harris QC and David Batt QC.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under the Professional Standards Legislation.
- Dover Beach Pty Ltd v Geftine Pty Ltd (2008) 21 VR 442: domestic building contract dispute in the Victorian Court of Appeal (led by Stephen O�Bryan QC).
- Kenros Nominees Pty Ltd & Ors v DPC Tipperary Pty Ltd & Ors  VSC 524: dispute in relation to a shareholders agreement in the Victorian Supreme Court (led by James Elliott SC, as his Honour then was, Chris Caleo QC and Matt Connock QC).
- Yara Pilbara Fertilisers Pty Ltd v Oswal & Ors  VSC 440: alleged breaches of directors� duties and counterclaim of free acceptance in the Victorian Supreme Court (led by Steven Finch SC).
- In the matter of Gunns Finance Pty Ltd (Receivers and Managers Appointed)(In Liquidation): acting for borrowers in the Victorian Supreme Court (led by Ted Woodward SC).
- Glendale RV Syndication Pty Ltd & Anor v Primelife (Glendale) Pty Ltd & Anor: retirement village dispute in the Victorian Supreme Court (led by Peter Collinson QC).
- La Trobe Capital & Mortgage Corporation Limited v Fitzroys Pty Ltd; Stranru Pty Ltd v La Trobe Capital & Mortgage Corporation Limited & Anor; P&V Industries Pty Ltd v La Trobe Capital & Mortgage Corporation Limited & Anor: managed investment scheme and land valuation dispute in the Victorian Supreme Court (led by Matt Connock QC).
- Plzen Pty Ltd v P&O Wharf Management Pty Ltd  VSC 318: resisting application for pre-trial discovery in the Victorian Supreme Court (with Peter Wood).
- Idameneo (No 789) Limited v AAI Limited: reinsurance dispute in the Victorian County Court (led by Philip Solomon QC).
- Advice regarding a managed investment scheme (led by Norman O�Bryan AM SC).
- Advice in relation to construction of an agreement (led by the Hon Ray Finkelstein AO QC).
- Numerous advices and appearances in relation to the Retail Leases Act 2003 (Vic), Valuation of Land Act 1960 (Vic) and Land Acquisition and Compensation Act 1986 (Vic) (including being led by Jeremy Gobbo QC).
- Various appearances and advice to Ministers, Government Departments and corporations in relation to the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Vic), the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW) and the Right to Information Act 2009(Qld) (including being led by Stephen Donaghue QC).
- Acting for individuals in public and private examinations before the IBAC and the Victorian Ombudsman (including being led by Paul Holdenson QC).
- Various written advices in relation to the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Act 2011 (Vic), Victorian Inspectorate Act 2011 (Vic) and Ombudsman Act 1973 (Vic).
- Advising individuals and municipal authorities on their obligations under the Protected Disclosure Act 2012 (Vic).
Areas of Practice:
- Administrative Law (Judicial Review)
- Administrative Law (Merits Review)
- Banking and Finance
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Class Actions
- Consumer Credit
- Corporations and Securities
- Equity and Trusts
- Freedom of Information
- Professional Negligence
- Property Law
- Trade Practices